Maritime UK Solent is proud to announce an expert panel of judges for our 2023 Awards – an expert panel of 20 renowned leaders from across the maritime sector. The Maritime UK Solent Awards 2023, which take place in October, celebrate the outstanding achievements and contributions of those working in maritimein the Solent region.
Helen Tveitan, from Carisbrooke Shipping Ltd told us, “I am honoured to be part of the MUK Solent Awards judging panel and look forward to reviewing the applications and learning more about the great work that the Solent’s maritime sector is taking forward.”
The judging panel comprises of exceptional individuals with extensive maritime experience both nationally and regionally who will bring their insights, experience and knowledge to the Maritime UK Solent Awards.
The Judges are:
- Anthony Bennett MSc – Chief Operating Officer, Ecomar Propulsion
- Catherine Cornwell – Head of Maritime Strategy, Department for Transport
- Helen Deveraux – Senior Lecturer in Maritime Management, Warsash Maritime School, Solent University
- Sarah Fairweather – Legal Director, Jaffa & Co
- Paul Gullet – President and Director, British Marine and Maritime UK
- Dr. Brooke Hoskins – Products & Training Services Director, Maritime Services, BAE Systems
- Ross McNally – Chief Operating Officer and Executive Chair, Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
- Robin Mortimer – Chair of Maritime UK, and Chief Executive, Port of London Authority
- Rod Paterson – Deputy Director, National Shipbuilding Office
- Ann Pletschke – Managing Director, Trinity Maritime
- Nikki Sayer – Commissioner, Maritime Skills Commission
- Chris Scrutton – Managing Director, Vulcan Offshore
- Brett Trafford – Fawley Waterside
- Professor Henry Tse – Director of New Mobility Technologies, Connected Places Catapult
- Helen Tveitan – Chair and Chief Operating Officer, Carisbrooke Shipping Holdings
- Commodore John Voyce OBE ADC – Naval Base Commander, Royal Navy
- Bill Walworth – Chair, Maritime UK’s People & Skills Steering Group, Chair, Maritime Skills Alliance; Elder Brother of Trinity House
- Gary Whittle – Commercial Director, Meachers Global Logistics
- Ruth Wood – Interim Chief Executive Officer, Mersey Maritime
The Maritime UK Solent Awards 2023 showcase the best practices, innovations, and achievements within the maritime sector across the Solent region. The awards ceremony promises to be a highly anticipated event, shining a spotlight on the remarkable accomplishments and excellence that define the maritime sector in the Solent. The Maritime UK Solent Awards 2023 feature a diverse range of prestigious categories, from Apprentice of the year, Diversity Champion, International Partner of the Year, Global Trade to Large Business of the Year. These and other awards all highlighting the remarkable contributions iof the maritime sector.
Professor Henry Tse, one of the Judges told us, “As a Judge for the Maritime UK Solent Awards 2023, I am thrilled to be part of an event that celebrates the success of our outstanding regional maritime cluster. It’s an honour to represent Connected Places Catapult, the UK’s Innovation accelerator for cities, transport, and places leadership. I believe that these awards are an excellent opportunity for businesses and other organisations to showcase their innovation and to get the necessary recognition they deserve.”
“I’m calling out to all brilliant organisations in the region to join us on this exciting journey. Don’t hold back! Share your success story and ground-breaking concepts with us, and let’s make a difference together.”
There is still time to enter for a chance to be involved, entries close on 17 July.